CHI St. Joseph’s Community Health and WIC
PARK RAPIDS, MN (March 16, 2020) Due to the COVID-19 situation in the state of Minnesota, CHI St. Joseph’s Health Community Health will be making changes to our services. This is in effort to promote social distancing and keep our participants and our staff safe and healthy, while continuing to provide needed benefits and services.
- WIC will be operating with streamlined appointments and appointments by phone, to ensure benefit needs are met while reducing person to person contact.
- We ask that only those scheduled for the appointment come to Community Health for WIC. You will receive a call prior to your appointment with specific instructions.
- If you are showing signs of illness (respiratory symptoms, cough, fever, vomiting or diarrhea) PLEASE do not come to your appointment. Call and we will make arrangements, to ensure you do not miss benefits.
- Home Visiting appointments and other home visits will be limited at this time, and our staff is working with clients to ensure needs are met.
- FATHER Project groups are cancelled at this time.
- Senior Foot Clinics and First Thursday Clinics are also cancelled.
We ask that the community follow the guidelines set forth by the Minnesota Department of Health regarding social distancing; avoid large gatherings, stay at home unless necessary for work or groceries, use good hand hygiene and cover your cough. This advice is especially important for those over the age of 70, or those with chronic illnesses. If you are ill, stay home, and contact your medical provider for advice.
Please contact Community Health by phone with any questions, at 218-237-5464. Please call our office before coming in for any scheduled appointments. As your Hubbard County Public Health Agency we are committed to promoting the safety and health of our entire community. Further information on COVID -19 is available at the Minnesota Department of Health website: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html