PARK RAPIDS, MN (September 27, 2021) – CHI St. Joseph’s Health Community Health will continue to offer COVID-19 vaccine walk-in opportunities this week. Please consider getting vaccinated to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect yourself and others.
Vaccines are available on a walk-in basis for those who require their primary vaccine series (first or second doses – or a 3rd dose for those with a doctor’s note regarding immunosuppressed status). Community Health is offering:
- Pfizer vaccine for ages 12 and up (under 18 requires parental consent)
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine for ages 18 and up.
Both of these vaccines are available this week. Hours this week for CHI St. Joseph’s Health Community Health are Monday-Thursday – 8:30am-4:00pm, and Friday 8:30am- 2pm.
- Moderna vaccine is available for ages 18 and up on Tuesdays from 1:00pm-3:00pm, please register for an appointment at chisjh.org
At this time Community Health is NOT able to accommodate the recently approved Pfizer booster doses at our walk-in clinics.
Below is information containing booster recommendations and an upcoming CHI St. Joseph’s Health Community Health COVID-19 Booster Clinic.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) on 9.24.21 for the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine to allow for use of a single booster dose in certain populations. The following groups should get a Pfizer booster at least 6 months after their second dose:
- People 65 years and older
- Residents in long-term care facilities
- People ages 50-64 with certain underlying medical conditions (see CDC – People with Certain Medical Conditions)
The following groups may get a Pfizer booster dose at least 6 months after their second dose, if the personal benefits for them outweigh any personal risks:
- People ages 18-49 who are at high risk for severe COVID-19 due to certain underlying medical conditions (see CDC – People with Certain Medical Conditions)
- People ages 18-64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of where they live or work.
Community Health will be holding a drive-through clinic for 3rd doses of Pfizer vaccine for those who received their 2nd doses at least 6 months ago on 10/14/2021. The clinic will take place in the parking lot at the Community Health location on Highway 34.
- Online pre-registration and proof of previous vaccination required
- Sign up at Pfizer BOOSTER Drive Through Clinic 10-14-21 or
- Use smartphone to scan for registration link
Booster doses of Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are not FDA approved and therefore unavailable.
*Despite road construction, the Community Health office remains accessible.
Please call the Community Health office at 218.237.5464 if more information is needed.