Hospital Charge Disclosure
- Beginning January 1, 2019, the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) are requiring hospitals and health systems to post their “current, standard charges.”
- Hospital charges are the amount a hospital bills an insurer for a service. For most patients, hospitals are reimbursed at a level well below charges. Patients covered by commercial insurance products have negotiated rates with hospitals. Patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid programs have hospital reimbursement rates determined by federal and state governments.
- Hospital charges may include bundled procedures, personnel, services and supplies. An example would be room rates that include the space, equipment, nursing personnel and supplies.
- When a patient has the opportunity to shop for medical services, he or she should contact his or her own insurance carrier to understand which costs will be covered and which will be the patient’s responsibility.
- Patients should contact the hospital directly for any further details.
CHI St. Joseph’s Health has made available a copy of its Hospital Charge Description Master.
Contact information for CHI St. Joseph's Health, CHI St. Joseph's Health Community Dental Clinic, Hospice Care, Community Health, Physical Rehabilitation and Fitness Center, and Weight Management Center. Click here
Thank you for exploring potential career opportunities at CHI St. Joseph's Health! We invite you to share in our mission of providing compassionate care to the communities we serve while promoting our core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence in our healing ministry. Click here
Thank you for taking the time to support CHI St. Joseph's Health. Click here to make a difference!
Pay your bill online! Click here
Visit CHI St. Joseph's Health Baby Nursery to view new babies! Click here