The purpose of the CHI St. Joseph’s Health Scholarship Program is to assist local students pursuing higher education in health care. As a rural hospital, our goal is to provide opportunities for graduates to return and practice in our rural area. Those with a strong desire to practice in a rural community are ideal to apply.
Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to one or more students from the communities of Park Rapids, Nevis, Menahga, Sebeka, Laporte or Walker-Hackensack-Akeley.
**THIS APPLICATION IS FOR STUDENTS GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL IN THE SPRING OF 2023.
Applications will be available in February 2024
- Complete scholarship information form.
- Provide a copy of an official school transcript AND copy of ACT scores.
- Provide a letter of recommendation prepared by an academic counselor or instructor, noting scholastic and leadership abilities, and ability to succeed.
- Provide a professional photo, which will be used for press releases.
- Applications must be received by CHI St. Joseph’s Health Foundation by Friday, April 7, 2023 at 5:00pm (CST). Scholarship recipients selected will be notified at their respective award/commencement ceremonies.
- Selection will be based on the following factors: course of study, financial need, leadership skills, scholastic achievements, community involvement/work history, and expressed desire to work in a rural community.
Use of Information
- The information submitted in this application is confidential. Demographic, academic, financial and any other information will be used only by scholarship committee. Personal information about scholarship winners may be used in local publicity and press releases.
- Must be enrolled or plan to enroll full-time (12 credit hours or more for summer or fall 2023) in a course of study leading to a certificate, diploma, license, associate or bachelor’s degree in a health care field of study at an accredited two or four year college, university, vocational/technical school, nursing school or an institution accredited by an appropriate state licensing health care board.
- Must be graduating high school from Park Rapids, Nevis, Menahga, Sebeka, Laporte or Walker-Hackensack-Akeley.
- Must be in Satisfactory plus academic standing (minimum of “C+ or 2.5 GPA” average).
Contact information for CHI St. Joseph's Health, CHI St. Joseph's Health Community Dental Clinic, Hospice Care, Community Health, Physical Rehabilitation and Fitness Center, and Weight Management Center. Click here
Thank you for exploring potential career opportunities at CHI St. Joseph's Health! We invite you to share in our mission of providing compassionate care to the communities we serve while promoting our core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence in our healing ministry. Click here
Thank you for taking the time to support CHI St. Joseph's Health. Click here to make a difference!
Pay your bill online! Click here