Life After Surgery
Patients who follow the nutrition guidelines and incorporate an exercise program into their life usually lose significant weight following their surgery.
It is important to remember that the surgery is only a tool. You must make healthy lifestyle choices for weight loss success. Choose low-fat / low-sugar foods, take daily dietary vitamins, and increase your physical activity to enjoy a happier, healthier life. We are here to help.
Live light for a lifetime by making simple changes to get maximum benefits:
- Eat a balanced diet
- Portion control, eat slowly, take small bites & chew thoroughly
- Sip liquids between meals
- Keep moving, participate in activities that bring you joy
- Set & attain goals
- Do things to enhance your self-esteem
- Take pleasure in living
- Surround yourself with people who care about & support you
- Improve relationships important to you
- Love & take care of yourself
- Learn to find balance in your life
- Learn to problem solve to protect your well-being
- Change activities that are negative
Contact Us: 218.237.5757
Contact information for CHI St. Joseph's Health, CHI St. Joseph's Health Community Dental Clinic, Hospice Care, Community Health, Physical Rehabilitation and Fitness Center, and Weight Management Center. Click here
Thank you for exploring potential career opportunities at CHI St. Joseph's Health! We invite you to share in our mission of providing compassionate care to the communities we serve while promoting our core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence in our healing ministry. Click here
Thank you for taking the time to support CHI St. Joseph's Health. Click here to make a difference!
Pay your bill online! Click here
Visit CHI St. Joseph's Health Baby Nursery to view new babies! Click here