$1,000 CHI St. Joseph’s Health Scholarship (Health Care Field) 2nd Year or Beyond Higher Education Students
Click here to learn more about this Scholarship
The purpose of the CHI St. Joseph’s Health Second Year or Beyond Scholarship is to assist local students attending college or accredited higher education in the health care field. As a rural hospital, our goal is to provide opportunities for graduates to return and practice in our rural area. Those with a strong desire to practice in a rural community are ideal to apply.
Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to one or more students who graduated from Park Rapids, Nevis, Menahga, Sebeka, Laporte or Walker-Hackensack-Akeley schools and who are now attending second year or beyond higher education.
- Complete scholarship information form, typed or filled out in ink, and signed.
- Attach an official college transcript and copy of ACT scores
- Attach a letter of recommendation prepared by a current academic counselor or instructor, noting scholastic and leadership abilities, and ability to succeed.
- Include a one page (double spaced) essay including the necessary information requested.
- If chosen, we will request a professional photo to be used for press releases. If a photo was submitted with a prior scholarship application, please indicate as that will be sufficient and an additional picture is not needed.
- Return completed application. Applications must be returned to CHI St. Joseph’s Health Foundation by Friday, April 3, 2020.
- Award recipients will be notified by mail as soon as the decision is made in late May.
Selection will be based on the following factors: course of study, financial need, leadership skills, scholastic achievements, community involvement/work history, and expressed desire to work in a rural community.
Use of Information
The information submitted in this application is confidential. Demographic, academic, financial and any other information will be used only by scholarship committee. Personal information about scholarship winners may be used in local publicity and press releases.
- Must be enrolled or plan to enroll full-time (12 credit hours or more for summer or fall 2020) in a course of study leading to a certificate, diploma, license, associate or bachelor’s degree in a health care field of study at an accredited two or four year college, university, vocational/technical school, nursing school or an institution accredited by an appropriate state licensing health care board.
- Must have completed school at Park Rapids, Nevis, Menahga, Sebeka, Laporte or Walker-Hackensack-Akeley schools.
Contact information for CHI St. Joseph's Health, CHI St. Joseph's Health Community Dental Clinic, Hospice Care, Community Health, Physical Rehabilitation and Fitness Center, and Weight Management Center. Click here
Thank you for exploring potential career opportunities at CHI St. Joseph's Health! We invite you to share in our mission of providing compassionate care to the communities we serve while promoting our core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence in our healing ministry. Click here
Thank you for taking the time to support CHI St. Joseph's Health. Click here to make a difference!
Pay your bill online! Click here
Visit CHI St. Joseph's Health Baby Nursery to view new babies! Click here