$750 CHI St. Joseph’s Health / Laurie Hohnstadt Scholarship (RN degree)
Scholarship Committee Chair
CHI St. Joseph’s Health
600 Pleasant Avenue
Park Rapids, MN 56470
Click here to learn more about this Scholarship
The purpose of the CHI St. Joseph’s Health Laurie Hohnstadt Scholarship is to assist local students in pursuing a registered nursing career. As a rural hospital, our goal is to provide opportunities for graduates to return and practice in our rural area. Those with a strong desire to practice in a rural community are ideal to apply.
Scholarships in the amount of $750 will be awarded to one or more students from Park Rapids.
- Complete scholarship information form, typed or filled out in ink, and signed.
- Attach an official school transcript (signed by a high school counselor or teacher) AND copy of ACT scores
- Attach a letter of recommendation prepared by an academic counselor or instructor, noting scholastic and leadership abilities, and ability to succeed.
- Include a one page (double spaced) essay including the necessary information requested.
- If chosen, we will request a professional photo to be used for press releases.
- Return completed application. Applications must be returned to CHI St. Joseph’s Health Foundation by Friday, April 8, 2022. Scholarship recipients selected will be notified at their respective award/commencement ceremonies.
Selection will be based on the following factors: course of study, financial need, leadership skills, scholastic achievements, community involvement/work history, and expressed desire to work in a rural community.
Use of Information
The information submitted in this application is confidential. Demographic, academic, financial and any other information will be used only by scholarship committee. Personal information about scholarship winners may be used in local publicity and press releases.
- Must be a current Park Rapids High School senior, graduating spring of 2022 and enrolled or plan to enroll full-time (12 credit hours or more) in college in the coming summer or fall.
- Must be pursuing a registered nursing career.
- Must have completed school in Park Rapids.
- Must be in Satisfactory plus academic standing (minimum of “C+ or 2.5 GPA” average).
Contact information for CHI St. Joseph's Health, CHI St. Joseph's Health Community Dental Clinic, Hospice Care, Community Health, Physical Rehabilitation and Fitness Center, and Weight Management Center. Click here
Thank you for exploring potential career opportunities at CHI St. Joseph's Health! We invite you to share in our mission of providing compassionate care to the communities we serve while promoting our core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence in our healing ministry. Click here
Thank you for taking the time to support CHI St. Joseph's Health. Click here to make a difference!
Pay your bill online! Click here
Visit CHI St. Joseph's Health Baby Nursery to view new babies! Click here