Risk factors for COVID-19 appear to include:
- Close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
You can take steps to reduce your risk of infection. WHO and CDC recommend following the standard precautions for avoiding respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands aren’t clean.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid sharing dishes, glasses, bedding and other household items if you’re sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you often touch.
- Stay home from work, school and public areas if you’re sick.
WHO also recommends that you:
- Avoid eating raw or undercooked meat or animal organs.
- Avoid contact with live animals and surfaces they may have touched if you’re visiting live markets in areas that have recently had new coronavirus cases.
If you’re planning to travel internationally, first check the CDC and WHO websites for updates and advice, and for current travel restrictions. Also look for any health advisories that may be in place where you plan to travel. You may also want to talk with your doctor if you have health conditions that make you more susceptible to respiratory infections and complications.
Contact information for CHI St. Joseph's Health, CHI St. Joseph's Health Community Dental Clinic, Hospice Care, Community Health, Physical Rehabilitation and Fitness Center, and Weight Management Center. Click here
Thank you for exploring potential career opportunities at CHI St. Joseph's Health! We invite you to share in our mission of providing compassionate care to the communities we serve while promoting our core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence in our healing ministry. Click here
Thank you for taking the time to support CHI St. Joseph's Health. Click here to make a difference!
Pay your bill online! Click here